Skip to main content

Home insurance in France

Last update, Sept. 2021 5-min read

| What should I keep in mind?

You’re probably in France for only a few months and insurances might not be one of your top priorities. However, there are two types of insurance that you must take out: home insurance and civil liability insurance.

This is a legal obligation which applies to everyone living in France.

👉 Here is what you need to remember

01 In France, the tenant must take out home insurance as soon as he enters the accommodation. Failure to take out this insurance may result in the termination of the rental contract or even the eviction of the tenant.

02 In the same way, civil liability insurance is compulsory for all people living in France. This insurance policy protects you in the event of material, immaterial or bodily damage caused to a third party. The good news is that civil liability insurance is often included in your home insurance policy 😊

03 Take care of it today with Luko, a web-based insurance that has convinced several thousand households since its creation in 2016.

Home insurance in France

Our recommendation, Luko

Digital, seamless and straightforward insurance

Great service, easy to use

Luko insures your home in just a few clicks. We like Luko for its ease of use and transparency: it’s a welcome change from traditional insurance! Their customer service speaks both French and English, a plus for international students 👍

Insured in 2 minutes, without commitment
100% digital, no papers needed
Transparent price, customizable contract
Liability insurance included
English, French
TrustPilot reviews 4.5/5

Your home insurance with Luko