Skip to main content

Student housing aid

Last update, Sept. 2021 3-min read

| Introduction

In France, most students receive financial assistance from the State to pay their rent. It goes from €70 to €295/month.

There is no minimum age to receive the student housing aid (often called “APL” in French) but you must meet several criteria:

  • The accommodation is your main residence in France.
  • Your rent certificate must be signed by your landlord.
  • Your name must be on the lease.
  • You cannot be related to your landlord.
  • You are a EU citizen or VLS-TS holder.
  • You must have low/ no incomes.
  • You must have a local bank account.

You don’t have a local bank account yet?

No worries! We recommend you Monese: opening an account is really simple, free and almost instantaneous. Also, customer support is multilingual (French, English, Spanish…) 😊

If you want to know more about Monese, here are some links you might want to check out:

Monese’s pricing
Open a Monese account
Local IBAN account number

Check out Monese
Student housing aid